About Me

My photo
dublin, Ireland
Im 30,diagnosed with endo 13 years ago and i have had 13 laps.I was taking Provera for the endo but they didnt work,Im now trying the Mirena,its in 3 Months but so far it doesnt seem to be working.


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, October 7, 2010

TEARS,PAIN,FRUSTRATION ...........................ENDO'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been so upset that I havent even been bothered with my blog,anyways here goes.

Monday 2 weeks ago I had my out patients appointment,I explained to the Gynae that I am still in pain and still bleeding with a day break here and there,so she decided to do a scan and there is was a 10cm Endometrial Cyst and then the words that I wasnt expecting to hear ''YOUR ENDO IS BACK JUST 3 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY,IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THE MIRENA IS WORKING BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU LEAVE IT IN FOR ANOTHER 3 MONTHS''The Gynae then went to talk to the Consultant to see what he wanted to do about the cyst.
I lay there on the chair thinking to myself,what is the point in Surgery,only 12 weeks ago I had surgery and I never really got any relief and to make matters worse I have a cyst,like WTF,I must have been a really bad person in my past life.In walks the Gynae with the Consultant and he explains that I have Stage 5 Endo and that it was so bad that he couldnt get everything (this is not what I wnated to hear''.They advised that I go home and rest and come back in 6 weeks but if the pain gets bad to go to A&E.

Wednesday my pain started to get worse,especially in my right side but I knew I couldn't go sick from work again so I fought right through till Friday,however,Friday night I was up walking the floors,by now my painkillers weren't even working.Saturday Morning I went to A&E with my Mam,waited 8 hours to see a Gynae who never examined me and told me  that I was getting Depressed which comes with the Disease,he also asked if I would like a booklet on Endo.After 14 years of having this Disease I dont need any booklet,anyway he prescribed me Morphine and sent me Home.

Last Monday I went back to the Out Patient Clinic and demanded that I see my Consultant or any Gynae (except the one that I saw on Sat) as I was getting no better.They did another scan and the cyst did shrink by 2cm,however they reckon that the Endo has flared up,Im now back on Provera and since Monday I have stopped bleeding.I am still in pain and will need anoother surgery,back with the Gynae in 6 weeks,thats if I dont get worse.

I am now back to square 1 again,there is just no beating this

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed